Casal Catala of Washington DC joins again the Kensington International Day of the Book Festival in celebrating the Catalan origins of the Day of the Book, Sant Jordi.
Join Casal Catala WDC on April 22nd @ Armory Avenue and Howard Avenue, Kensington Antique Row, Kensington Md 20895
Information about the Festival here.
Activities from Casal Catala WDC:
- 11 am to 4:00 pm – Books and Roses giveaways and children arts and crafts
- 1:10 pm to 1:25 pm – The Legend of Sant Jordi – theater play
- 3:15 pm to 4:00 pm – Taller de Sardanes – Join this workshop to learn how to dance Sardana, the traditional Catalan dance.
We are looking for volunteers to man the Casal Catala tent at the festival to support in the children arts and craft activities and the Books and Roses giveaway.
With the support and collaboration of:
Casal Catala also recommends the following events in Washington that celebrate Sant Jordi and the Catalan culture:
- April 23rd, Sant Jordi a Georgetown University
- April 27th, Jordi Savall, Hespèrion XXI, La Capella Reial de Catalunya in Washington, DC