Once again the Catalan tradition of Els Pastorets and Caga Tio returns to Washington
Casal Catala Washington DC is pleased to invite you to the 4th edition of the cherished Catalan traditions of Els Pastorets and Caga Tió
Els Pastorets will entertain you with the adventures of Lluquet and Rovelló, two shepherds from a Catalan masia that by magic powers find themselves in a forest near Bethlem on their way to admire Jesus, the new-born. In their journey they will meet iconic characters from our cherished Nativity scene, and get involved with the powers of good and bad.
Afterwards the children will have the chance to get presents from the Caga Tió, the log that gives presents or excretes them, while being hit with a stick. We will round up our get together with some Catalan carols and a Christmas toast with cava remembering all the activities that we shared this year 2013 that is about to end.
& & &
- Day: Next Saturday, December 10th
- Time: From 4pm to 7pm
- Location: Carderock Springs Swim and Tennis Club 8200 Hamilton Spring Ct Bethesda, Maryland 20817 [SEE MAP HERE]
1. Take the River Road exit westbound towards Potomac.
2. At the first light, turn left onto Seven Locks Road.
3. After about 1/2 mile, turn right at the first street onto Lilly Stone Drive.
4. At the first stop sign, turn right onto Hamilton Springs Road.
5. At the end of Hamilton Springs Road, turn right onto Hamilton Springs Court.
6. Go half way around the circle and continue into the parking lot of the club.
- Ticket price NOW and bring your payment receipt: Include everything – Pastorets, Caga Tio and “berenar” (refreshments and snacks):
- $10 per person
- $30 per family with children
- Fees paid at the venue (on December 6th):
- $15 per person
- $35 per family with children